Friday, July 22, 2005

I Built a Bear!

Kiddo and I went into Build-a-Bear today. We looked at all of the animals available for stuffing and personalizing. She kept telling me I 'had' to do one. I wasn't so sure, until I saw a light tan velvety little fellow. As I stood there looking at him, I realized he had a name. From there a whole personna was developed, and even this blog entry began to take shape!

Before I tell you any more about the bear, I must tell you that Shannon also built one. It is not a bear, however. It is a flamingo! It is hilarious looking. She put a fairy costume and a long blonde wig on it. After careful consideration, it was decided her name would be Flow B. Mingo.

For my part, I would like you to meet Keillor Gee Baier. (In case you can't figure it out, the pronunciation is "Key-lehr G. Bear") He is sporting a dress shirt and tie which are nicely topped off with a pinstriped vest. You see he has tortoise shell rimmed glasses, as well.






Keillor is a tribute to one of my favorite performers, Garrison Keillor. Garrison hosts the weekly radio show entitled A Prairie Home Companion. He is also a writer and comedian. Garrison is of Norweigan ancestry. He lives in Minnesota and is a "repressed Norweigan Lutheran." He writes about simpler times and can make us laugh about ourselves. I highly recommend the program. It comes on NPR every Saturday evening at 6pm.



I hope you can see some similarity between the two. Even if you can't, Keillor has come into my life at a time when I need to be reminded of simple pleasures. He will comfort me should the need arise. Those two reasons alone are good enough to have made a new friend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the bear is adorable!! glad you are getting some quality time with Shannon...I love you guys and am praying for you

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home