Saturday, October 21, 2006

A New Kind of Oz

Using the Wizard of Oz to describe my former workplace was a no-brainer. The terrible Wicked Witch of the West vs. sweet, innocent (?) Dorothy was the perfect parallel, with its magical ruby slippers and the uncertainty about which yellow brick path to travel. But things changed. With the new worksite came a new kind of Oz. It is a kinder, gentler place. There are still days when I stand amazed and blinking, saying, "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore." For first month I looked over my shoulder, expecting wrath from a nonexistent mistake of some sort. That never happened.Instead, I have been cast with a different set of characters. These characters are enablers of the best sort. They are also courageous, compassionate, and wise. Not only that, but the majority of the munchkins who dwell in this place are kind, helpful, and possess a wonderful sense of humor. Trading the old Oz for the new is something for which I am extremely thankful.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home