Friday, March 10, 2006

Hugs

Pat isn't one to engage in a lot of conversation when the mood is heavy. He seems to understand the value of silence when it comes to matters of emotional pain. Words seem so inadequate and so he just doesn't speak much. However, last night before he left the house he gave me a hug. Pat gives great hugs. They don't happen often so when I am a lucky recipient I know it means something special. Thanks, Pat.


I stayed in bed an extra thirty minutes today because Aslan decided he wanted to hug me, too. He hasn't been overly loving for quite some time but the past few days have seen a change back to the kitty he was when I first brought him home. He even, of his own initiative, sat on my lap last night for the first time in about a month.

Hugs are good. They are necessary. Make sure you hug at least one person today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home