Friday, March 10, 2006

No Answers

Twice in the past 5 years a conscious decision was made to release something completely to God's care. And twice catastrophic events occurred shortly after the release was made. Can anyone begin to fathom the questions that invade my every waking moment? The doubts that threaten to overtake me as I struggle to hold my head above this water of darkness? Does anyone comprehend or empathize with how I scream internally day in and day out for a justice that I can not only see but also understand? Believe me, I am seeking comfort. I am in desperate need of peace. And still there are no answers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hyla said...

Isn't it amazing how this happens? And, yet all we can do is hold on and cling to Him and know that in the end He makes good on his promises. I hope that you find encouragement this weekend!!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Psalm 3

1 A Psalm of David when he fled from Absalom his son.
Lord, how they have increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me.
2 Many are they who say of me, "There is no help for him in God." Selah
3 But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head.
4 I cried to the Lord with my voice, And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah
5 I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the Lord sustained me.
6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people Who have set themselves against me all around.
7 Arise, O Lord; Save me, O my God! For You have struck all my enemies on the cheekbone; You have broken the teeth of the ungodly.
8 Salvation belongs to the Lord. Your blessing is upon Your people. Selah

1:21 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I hear your silent screams each day as I see the pain in your eyes. I do understand loving someone, watching them make decisions that spiral their life downwardm knowing that it does not have to be this way, they do not have to "do it alone". I empathize in seeking comfort, needing peace and hoping for answers.

Be still and know.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home